YoungStar Basketball Development Program (co-ed):
YoungStar’s is open to athletes grades K-4 boys and girls. It is the the best way to build an understanding of the game of playing the wonderful game of basketball. We have developed a curriculum that is fun, encouraging and focused on establishing the habits they will need later on. The program teaches the BIG 3 foundational skills to young athletes. YoungStar’s will practice once a week and play in 8 competitive games as they progress though the program.
- STAR qualities of leadership, teamwork and character.
- The ESSENTIAL habits of Power, Vision and Control all successful basketball players need.
- Teach the rules of COMPETITIVE basketball.
YoungStar FEES – 1st Season Special $99.00 (pay now)
- HoopStar Coaching
- All Training/Practices
- A HoopStar Reversible Jersey – MUST be worn to ALL league games
- 8 Game Days – 3/4 games minimum each day
- Gym Rental
YoungStar will have a Fall, Winter, and Spring Season, each lasting 2 months. During the 2 months athletes will receive one 1.5 hours training session a week and 8 league games minimum. Games are designed to emphasize the skills taught in practice. We will play FIBA 3 on 3 games to maximize the touches each athlete gets and to teach spacing and transition from offense to defense. We will play full court Ultimate Basketball to teach how to pass and move in space to advance the ball up the court and improve VISION and court awareness. We will progress through dribble limits in our full court competitive game to teach how to play POWERFUL under pressure and how to pivot to create space. By the last two weeks of the season athletes will be playing full court basketball with unlimited dribbles and will play the game in a way that is completely different than they did at the beginning of the season. We will separate the athletes based on age and skill and form teams based on numbers. The purpose of the creative games is to familiarize YoungStar’s athletes with the HABITS necessary to be successful at the higher levels of play, understand the rules of the game and introduce the importance of TEAM basketball.
- FALL October – November
- WINTER January – February
- SPRING – TBD soon
YoungStar FALL 2014 Schedule & Curriculum
- Oct 4th – LAUNCH PARTY (Practice 1)
- Practice 2
- GAME DAY 1 FIBA 3 on 3
- GAME DAY 2 FIBA 3 on 3
- Practice 3
- GAME DAY 3 Ultimate Touchdown (No Dribbles)
- GAME DAY 4 Ultimate Basketball (Buckets)
- Practice 4
- GAME DAY 5 Ultimate Basketball 2 Dribbles
- GAME DAY 6 Ultimate Basketball 3 Dribbles
- Practice 5
- GAME DAY 7 Ultimate Basketball Unlimited Dribbles
- GAME DAY 8 Ultimate Tournament Challenge
Sign Up for YoungStar Today!
Sign up as the athlete that will be attending.